The initiative’s Phase One work identified seven recommendations to inform the next stages of the work:
- Develop a learner-centered, nationally recognized credentialing system.
- Recognize, validate, and credential all learning, as knowledge and skills are acquired throughout a learner’s lifetime.
- Increase the number and types of incremental credentials available to all learners.
- Connect and integrate postsecondary and workforce competencies through the different types of incremental credentialing.
- Provide clear messaging of what someone knows and can do, including transparent assessments.
- Increase efforts to clearly define quality, which will build trust.
- Decrease costs.