|Implementation stage & efforts to date
- Design State
- Have established “pre-evaluated” PLA options, and have partnered with the METC, CCAF, and CDET to offer military students bridge pathways to degrees.
- Have partnered with Guild and have begun accepting corporate training for some degrees (i.e., Credit for X).
- Have begun building out incremental pathways with our Department of Construction Management.
- Offer CPL and several short-form MicroCreds® that stack into an undergraduate certificate, bachelor’s, post- baccalaureate certificate, and master’s degrees.
- Expand this work into the financial and healthcare areas first, and then continue to establish pathways across all disciplines, informed by learner and industry needs.
- Establish internal policies and create working groups of faculty and subject-matter experts who can help inform decisions on the viability of the pathways.
- Build pathways across the LSU system with multiple on- and off-ramps to meet the unique needs of every learner.
- Proactively address the needs of the changing demographics from the “traditional” student to those focused on career skills, short-form credentials, and receiving credit for their knowledge and experiences.
- Expand access to higher education and help learners find a program or pathway that fulfills their professional needs through full degrees, short-form credentials, or just-in-time training.