Credential As You Go Participant
Private for-profit university
Implementation stage & efforts to date
Early implementation stage
- Pathway efforts for learners
- Planning efforts to move into incremental credentialing
- Participating in efforts to embed industry certification into traditional degree program,
- Working with third party groups or intermediaries
Goals for participation
- Fully leverage CAYG Framework into BU’s career- focused, stacked model. The infrastructure and mindset for embracing many aspects of the Framework are established but BU seeks to join a larger think tank, network of schools, and industry partners to help envision a more holistic model. We have a strong design for ‘stacking as you go’, ‘adding as you go’, and ‘transfer as you go’, but have room for improvement. We see new opportunities in two more areas: ‘ partnering as you go’ and ‘retro as you go’.
- Create database to inventory incremental credentials as well as track student achievement rates. Identification of new credentials, both curricular and co- curricular, that are workforce related and high value proposition for students.
- Further develop industry partnerships to develop relevant workforce related learning credentials and mentoring opportunities.
- Develop appropriate pathways for prior learning and competency-based credit transfer.
- Nano-badges and microcredentials (curricular): smaller chunks of learning achievement at course, assignment, and learning outcomes level that bridge to accreditation standards while aligning with employable skills.