Credential As You Go Participant
American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
Professional Member Association
Implementation Stage & Efforts to Date
Full implementation stage
- Currently offers 8 stackable certifications, three are current National Commission for Certifying
Agencies (NCCA) accredited, two align with academic attainment, and others align with work
experience and/or academic attainment.
- Has a well-established structure, policy and process framework for validated design,
development, deployment, evaluation, and maintenance of industry recognized certifications.
Goals for Participation
- Expand their offerings so that individuals have greater access to resources that build and/or
demonstrate their competency and skill sets that align with those that employers demand.
- Goal to scale their policy and process framework to develop microcredentials and formative
assessment tools that validate appropriate knowledge, skills and competencies required in an
ever-changing space of healthcare and technology.
- Envision a future state where individual learners will have opportunities to gain knowledge, skills
and competencies via various routes verified via credentials and can elect to follow a myriad of
pathways to enhance their learning and earning potential.